Working under the guidance of the National Manager, Emergency Planning, you’ll join our team as an emergency planning consultant and/or trainer and will also support the delivery of National projects and clients.
With a background in Emergency Planning and Training (or similar interest in this area), you’ll be training and upskilling occupants in a building to become emergency wardens. Wardens play a critical role in saving the lives of their fellow members by taking charge of the building in the unlikely event of an emergency.
As a Hendry Emergency Planning Consultant, you will provide specialist advice to Building Management on how to make sure they have ensured the safety of the occupants and how to respond appropriately to an unfolding emergency.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Emergency Management & Training
- Development and delivery of Emergency Management systems to suit client requirements and budget
- Preparation and delivery of Emergency Management training
- Development, facilitation and reporting of Emergency Management exercises and simulations that achieve defined objectives and satisfy client requirements
- Marketing & Business Development
- Maintain and use knowledge of trends, regulations and standards in Emergency Management to further new business opportunities and existing client relationships.
- Identifying and pursuing new business opportunities, both with existing clients and potential new clients
- Proposals & Project Management
- Acting as project custodian on independent projects – manage these on schedule and budget
- Identifying areas within projects that are not included in the approved project scope – negotiating and achieving agreement with clients regarding mutually satisfying outcomes for these
What we’re looking for:
- 2 to 3 years of experience. If you have good presentation, training, and engaging skills, don’t worry about the experience; we will upskill you.
- Understanding and working knowledge of Australian standards and state / federal legislation relating to Emergency Planning
- Up-to-date state and federal licences and memberships. Including:
- Knowledge of AS 3745-2010
- Drivers licence
- State Working with Children check (or ability to obtain)
- Up-to-date Fire Safety Advisor (not mandatory)
- Experience using Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint) to generate reports, produce client-facing presentations and manage workflow.
- Experience managing client engagement from first interaction through to project delivery
- Good customer-facing and management skills
It would be advantageous to:
- Be up to date with the Australian COVID-19 vaccination schedule.
- Have a desire to upskill and continuously improve.
- Have some sales or business development experience
If this sounds like the next career opportunity you’re looking for, send us a copy of your resume and type up a short cover letter in the application form.
We’d also be happy to answer any questions you may have about this role or working at Hendry, email email@example.com.