Hendry is looking to expand our Darwin-based Building surveying and compliance team, and we need an experienced Building Surveyor to support our expanding client portfolio and manage key projects.
- Join a national, award-winning compliance leader
- Enjoy flexibility, variety and growth opportunities
- Play a key role in a growing team
You will have an established track record in the building and construction industry, in the private or council sector and looking for your next challenge. The role will provide opportunities to work across varied projects and sectors, with national portfolio clients, establishing you as a valued member of our national team.
To be successful in this role, you will be an enthusiastic team player, able to manage client relationships and interested in business development. You will be eager to work on a broad range of projects across the country and willing to apply your building surveying knowledge to a variety of projects and clients that have unique requirements.
We are looking for staff with:
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Eligible for Federal Police Clearance and other agency security clearances.
- Be up to date with their Australian COVID-19 vaccination schedule.
You’ll be responsible for
- Undertaking NCC compliance reviews for a range of Class 2-9 buildings.
- Issuing relevant consents and certificates and carrying out inspections where required.
- Supporting our Essential Safety Measures audit and reporting program.
- Managing client and stakeholder relationships throughout a project.
- Undertake building regulatory consulting projects. Including Technical Due Diligence assessments and feasibility studies (from time to time).
- Assist with the ongoing growth of the national building surveying team and support the broader business growth.
- Participate in mentoring and developing team members.
You are someone who shares knowledge to empower and mentor others to succeed and, above all, is driven by working closely with clients to deliver best-in-class outcomes to shape our buildings and communities.
What we’re looking for
- Currently Accredited in SA as a Building Certifier under the accredited professional’s register.
- Possess thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant Act/Regulations & Building Code of Australia.
- Demonstrate a “can do” attitude and provide a solution path for clients.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and resolve disputes.
- Strong ability to write and present cohesive, coherent and technically sound reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Business development acumen.
If this sounds like the next career opportunity you’re looking for, send us a copy of your resume.