Hendry is looking to expand our building surveying and compliance team in Brisbane. We’re looking to bring on a Building Surveyor to support our growing client portfolio and assist on key projects.
- Join a national, award-winning compliance leader.
- Receive salary packaging and development pathways.
- Enjoy flexibility and a hybrid working environment.
- Play a key role in a growing team.
- Take advantage of Hendry’s team culture, learning opportunities and health and wellness initiatives.
You have experience in the building and construction industry, in the private or council sector, and are looking for your next challenge. The role will provide opportunities to work on varied projects and sectors with national portfolio clients, establishing you as a valued member of our national team.
To be successful in this role, you will be an enthusiastic team player who is looking to learn and develop your knowledge. You will be eager to work on a broad range of projects across the country and willing to apply your building surveying knowledge to various projects and clients with unique requirements.
We are looking for staff with:
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Eligible for Federal Police Clearance and other agency security clearances.
- Be up to date with the Australian COVID-19 vaccination schedule.
You’ll be responsible for
- Undertaking NCC compliance reviews for a range of Class 2–9 buildings.
- Issuing relevant Decision Notices and Certificates of Occupancy and carrying out inspections where required (within the limits of your accreditation).
- Managing client and stakeholder relationships throughout a project.
- Undertaking building regulatory consulting projects, including technical due diligence assessments and feasibility studies from time to time.
- Assisting with the ongoing growth of the national Building Surveying Team and supporting the broader business growth.
You are someone who shares knowledge to empower the team to succeed. Above all, you are driven by working closely with clients to deliver the best outcomes to shape our buildings and communities.
What we’re looking for
- Currently Accredited in QLD as a Building Certifier Level 2 or 3.
- Looking to gain suitable project experience to obtain accreditation as a Building Certifier Level 1.
- Possess thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant Act/Regulations and the Building Code of Australia.
- Demonstrate a “can do” attitude and provide a solution path for clients.
- Strong ability to write and present cohesive, coherent and technically sound reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
If this sounds like the next career opportunity you’re looking for, send us a copy of your resume.