Our Victorian Essential Safety Measures Team is looking for an experienced Building Assessor to support our expanding client portfolio and manage key projects in growth sectors.
- Join a national, award-winning compliance leader
- Enjoy flexibility, variety and growth opportunities
- Play a key role in a growing team
About the role:
The ideal candidate will have an established track record in the Australian property industry, with a background in building inspections, building surveying or facilities management. You’ll also be an enthusiastic team player and be able to manage client relationships.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Audits/inspections and advice on Safety Measures;
- Completing building assessments statewide;
- Provision of accurate advice in Building Regulations and Australian Standards;
- Preparing inspection reports.
What we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of state regulations relevant to Safety Measures and Australian Standards;
- Ability to build, develop and maintain relationships with clients and stakeholders;
- Previous experience witnessing/conducting System Interface Testing;
- Knowledge of building defects and causes;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Experience developing accurate and timely reports;
- Experience in the commercial/industrial sector;
- The ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Current and valid Driver’s Licence (Must have own vehicle/access to a vehicle);
- Current Police Check and Working with Children (or the ability to obtain).
- Previous experience in working in a similar position and environment;
- Be up to date with their Australian COVID-19 vaccination schedule;
- Knowledge of the National Construction Code- NCC;
- Fire Services industry background;
- Working knowledge of AS 1851.
What you can expect:
- Ongoing support and guidance from senior staff, as well as the ability to work autonomously;
- Exposure to all classes of buildings, in a wide range of sectors;
- Providing support to other staff and clients on certification and compliance projects;
- Career development, in a friendly and supportive environment;
- Competitive salary based on experience;
- A fully serviced and equipped CBD office with flexible working arrangements.
If this sounds like the next career opportunity you’re looking for, send us a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the criteria.
Discover the services offered by our Essential Safety Measures team.