Hendry are excited to offer a Mobile Application Developer an opportunity in a business embracing digital disruption. Hendry is developing and adopting cutting-edge innovation with their state-of-the-art technology solutions as part of a rapid whole-of-business transformation.
Hendry is Australia’s leading built-form advisory firm, delivering more value and achieving better outcomes for property professionals, owners and communities. We specialise in: risk mitigation, statutory compliance, asset optimisation and future proofing, which is achieved through our people, processes and innovative technologies. We are undergoing a rapid, whole-of-business transformation program to deliver greater value to our customers through our talented people, information, technology, and innovation in practice. With everything we do, we create a safer, healthier, and more sustainable world for people, community, and business.
We are passionate about our people and are committed to workplace diversity, career development and Equal Employment Opportunity. At Hendry we make a difference.
Role and key activities
Working with the Digital Team the ideal person will:
- Develop both web-based and platform-based applications for Apple iOS, Google Android and Windows Mobile platform
- Ensure all output adopts appropriate robust security methods, user experience guidelines, whilst enabling responsive design.
- Develop technical requirements and associated documentation.
- Establish User interface requirements; develop, test and launch tools internally and client facing
- Prototype new mobile applications adopting agile methodologies, aligned to the ICT technology strategy
- Work seamlessly across the broader business operational personnel
Skills & Competencies
- At least 4-6 years of relevant working experience. Entry level candidates with strong analytical skills and passion in learning new technologies are welcome to apply
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related fields.
- Mobile Application Development expertise in native iOS applications with Objective-C / Swift and native Android applications with Java
- Strong experience in development of Native App, Hybrid App and React Native in different devices with open sources libraries and components.
- Experience in submitting mobile app into an App Store, understanding the App Store procedures and policies.
- Collaborative, test-driven, and agile development
- Demonstrable app(s) that you have released to an App Store
- PHP 5.6+ development experience a plus
- Experience working with SDKs for payments terminal, printers, barcode scanners, etc.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS, XML, JSON
- Experience developing microservices
- Databases technologies including RDS, Oracle, SQL Server and PL/SQL
- Reporting and analytics tools including Qlik, SAS, Tableau, Excel
- Familiar with backend or server-side development i.e. Java, SQL is an added advantage.
- Familiar with C/C++ and can use them with mobile app is an added advantage.
- Experience with performance benchmarking – identification of best-practice mobile data manipulation strategies
- Understands development of frontend-backend separation and asynchronous development.
- Able to solve mobile app performance issues and mobile app performance optimization.
- Able to develop the mobile app by the requirements or prototype from a product manager, UI/UX designers or fellow team members.
Other skills and competencies
- Strong evidenced Project Management skills – agile methodology
- Able to communicate – written and verbal
- Strong work ethic, ability to take initiative and complete tasks within short timelines
- Independent learner and self-starter with an ability to learn new concepts and reach out for support
- Willing to explore, research and apply new technologies and tools to streamline the existing process.
- Must be proactive, resourceful and self-motivated with strong analytical skills.
This position’s salary is aligned to the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
The preferred commencement date for this role is February, 2018.
To express your interest in this opportunity please submit a Covering Letter and your Resume by selecting APPLY and following the link. For more information please visit our website:
Thank you for your interest in working at Hendry Group.
Please note, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.seek.com.au/hendry-jobs →