We are extremely excited to offer a IT Solution Architect an exciting opportunity in a business embracing digital disruption. Hendry is developing and adopting cutting-edge innovation with their state-of-the-art technology solutions. The business is going through an exciting transformation.
Hendry is Australia’s leading built-form advisory firm, delivering more value and achieving better outcomes for property professionals, owners and communities. Hendry specialises in: risk mitigation, statutory compliance, asset optimisation and future proofing, which is achieved through our people, processes and innovative technologies. We are undergoing a rapid, whole-of-business transformation program to deliver greater value to our customers through our talented people, information, technology, and innovation in practice. With everything we do, we create a safer, healthier, and more sustainable world for people, community, and business.
Working with the Digital Team the ideal person will:
- Innovate, Architect, Design, develop and implement innovative digital products that deliver on Hendry IT strategic goals
- Lead a team in software product development focussing on UI/UX research and design, front end and back end development, build and test of products including responsive solutions & mobile apps
- Create interactive wireframes to show prototype and revised design solutions to clients.
- Develop integration solutions such as APIs and webservices to link customer data with analytics, portals, databases (Microsoft SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL), ERPs and other applications.
- Prototype new technologies and products for internal operations and client facing solutions
- Embed best practice security, accessibility and usability approaches in all software programming.
- Implement and run product development in a scaled agile environment
- Bring in best practices for DevOps practice for development and operations teams
- A sample of the types of projects you will initially be involved in providing programming support:
- Corporate website refresh to enhance user experience and engagement
- Client Portal delivering various client solutions embedding enterprise analytics /BI tool
- Customer Relationship Management system (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Content Management System implementation
- Integration between existing applications/technologies and those including Microsoft Dynamics (CRM); Dynamics portal (Liquid, .NET, HTML/CSS); React/Redux, Docker; .NET and C# programming to ensure seamless integration and data refreshing
- Training simulations using Mixed reality (AR/VR) tech
- Database creation, automation of linking to original files and backend coding
- Work seamlessly across the broader business operational personnel, providing leadership around your core competency.
- An experienced professional, with tertiary qualifications in a relevant technology discipline.
- Significant experience (At least 5 years) as a product lead, developer, UX/UI designer, API, docker and developing solutions, ideally involved in maps, data visualisation/web analytics.
- You will bring extensive experience of software development to ensure correct design and development of operational and client facing technology solutions.
- The languages and core technologies to be utilised are likely to include (but are not limited to):
- Front-End Web technologies (React JS)
- Back End Web (Microservices, Kubernetes, Service Fabric)
- Desktop/mobile technologies (C#, .NET, Python)
- Mobile technologies (Swift, Xamarin)
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM (Liquid, ASP)
- Content Management systems such as SharePoint
- Database technologies including Cosmos, Graph, RDS, Oracle, SQL Server and PL/SQL
- DevelOps, Containerization (Docker) and micro services
- Reporting and analytics tools including Qlik, PowerBI, SAS, Tableau, Excel
- Public Cloud experience (AWS or Azure)
- Virtual and Augmented reality product development – Unity, Unreal or Maya
- Experience using Git/VSTS, Jira and Confluence
- Testing frameworks and methodologies
Other skills and competencies
- Exceptional and evidenced Software development/programming skills essential
- Strong evidenced Agile development experience of turnkey products
- Ability to lead a team of developer and programmers. Participated in talent recruitment and team building
- Logical, methodical and analytical orientation
- Strong work ethic, ability to take initiative and complete tasks within short timelines
- Independent learner and self-starter with an ability to learn new concepts and reach out for support
- Outcome oriented and collaborative
This position’s salary is aligned to the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
The preferred commencement date for this role is in August, 2018.
To express your interest in this opportunity please submit a Cover Letter, and your Resume including URL’s to prior work or your GitHub page. For more information please visit our website;
Thank you for your interest in working at Hendry Group.
Please note, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.