COVID-19 - A Statement from Hendry
At Hendry we have been actively monitoring and managing risks associated with the COVID-19 outbreak for our people, customers and our business. As we prepare and respond, our number one priority will always be the safety of our employees, and the employees of our suppliers and partners.
In response to continued public concern regarding COVID-19, it is important that we update our clients on Hendry protocols and provide assurances that appropriate measures have been taken in accordance with directives issued by Australian Chief Medical Officer Professor Brendan Murphy, the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) and relevant authorities.
At Hendry, we have always adapted to the changing requirements of our built-environment and provided our clients sound advice on the preparedness & safety of their buildings & people.
Today is no different. We want to assure our clients, partners & networks that we will endeavour to ensure that is little to no disruption to our service provision during this time but will communicate with our clients should the situation change.
Like most businesses, we will be enacting the correct protocols to protect our staff & clients, to continue to deliver to the highest of standards.
Please see below our response & protocols that work to ensure safety, minimise risk and reduce disruption to business.
We will continue to maintain in close contact with our valued clients and partners to adapt to their changing requirements.
We wish clients our best during this time and the period ahead.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with your Account Manager or appropriate business contact.
On behalf of the Board of Directors and Hendry team.
How are we Maintaining Safety & Hygiene?
Hendry have always employed appropriate safety & risk assessments be made prior to attending client sites. In addition to this we have employed a number of internal and external protocols & procedures to enhance the safety of our people and yours. Additional safety & hygiene measures include;
- Requesting Site Protocols & COVID-19 specific clearances prior to service delivery teams attending site
- Providing service delivery teams additional PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to reduce contact and enhance protection from exposure
- Providing clients additional flexibility to conduct works outside of staffed or heavy traffic hours
- Enforced additional reporting methods, in preparedness of any persons becoming ill or coming into contact with ill persons at sites
- Mandatory Work From Home Practices and enacting social distancing whilst in office or on-site
- Enhancing availability of hygiene products & practicing social distancing
- Mandating the use of collaboration software for meetings that allows us to host video or phone conferencing with our teams & clients
- Staff are being routinely briefed on adhering to appropriate reporting and isolation requirements
- All of our Wardens & Building Managers have been updated & trained on Emergency Procedures and specific responses to COVID19 and related emergencies
- Registers of Movement for all staff
Will this impact service?
Hendry have an established Business Resilience program. We have ensured that the necessary resources are in place to facilitate the reliable delivery of critical business and operational functions. We are also working closely with our individual clients to meet the evolving needs of their buildings & any changes to accessibility.
Our delivery teams are located across a broad geography and we have the capability to execute contingency and alternative arrangements if needed by our clients.
We are implementing flexible work arrangements where people in non-business-critical roles are working remotely to safely support our operations.
We understand there may be a time where individual, team or larger populous isolation or working from home is required, here is how we are prepared;
- Our business is in a very strong position to seamlessly continue our work from home practices
- Our staff have undertaken testing to ensure appropriate work environments are available at their homes and comfortable for longer periods
- Cloud storage enables remote access to project files and correspondence
- Collaboration software allows us to host video/phone conferencing with you, along with desktop sharing to allow on-screen presentations and content sharing
- We are always available via phone and email
For scheduled works, here are some considerations to avoid disruption or delay, and allow seamless delivery to continue;
Hendry are prepared to and often conduct work outside of staffed or higher traffic hours, this may be of benefit to your business to;
- Reduce risk of additional persons on site
- If you have enacted site shutdowns or working from home, this may be an ideal time to conduct safety & risk testing & compliance inspections while there is reduced traffic and to avoid interruption
- Maintain critical compliance, enhance safety and avoid liability
Hendry are committed to working with our clients, their protocols and changing requirements to ensure their compliance is maintained and enhanced to protect their buildings and maximise life safety.
How can we help
Our expert Emergency Planning team have also been responding to a heightened demand for Emergency & Crisis Management Procedures and Plans. We have delivered specific training & responses to COVID-19 and related emergencies.
We encourage our networks to review their Emergency Management Plans & Procedures and to seek assistance to maintain life safety, reduce risk and disruption, and avoid liability.
We will continue to communicate
Like most businesses, our Board of Directors, Executives and Emergency Planning teams will be conducting daily meetings in response the evolving situation and responding to advice from the appropriate authorities and individuals to introduce additional safeguards for our staff, clients and service delivery.
We will be continuing to provide updates to staff, clients and networks if any significant changes in our protocol occur.