- Deploy your knowledge of technical regulations as our in-house expert
- Support the Safety Measures team in managing our national client portfolio
- Be a key player in the team’s next phase of growth
Hendry is looking for a Technical manager to support our team & growing client portfolio, taking the reins as the primary source of expertise when it comes to knowledge of technical regulations and best practice.
Hendry is looking to expand our national Safety Measures team, and we need someone to take the reins as the primary source of expertise when it comes to knowledge of technical regulations and standards.
Stepping into this role, the Technical Manager will be based in our Melbourne office, presiding over team capability, client & project management and the application of technical regulations.
Whilst your main focus will be on overseeing the technical quality of team output and client deliverables, from time to time you will be required to perform on-the-ground inspection & consulting services.
In terms of day-to-day responsibilities, you’ll find yourself working closely with the National Operations Manager to strengthen key accounts and ensure large portfolio projects are delivered without a hitch.
Where client projects are concerned, the right candidate for this role is someone who treats the job like a well-oiled car, ensuring all the parts keep moving, are technically up to scratch, and that the client doesn’t feel any bumps in the road.
The acting Jacque Cousteau of the department, you’re a deep diver when it comes to technical regulations. Able to list standards and regulations at the drop of a hat, you’re also confident in presenting to clients, delivering staff training sessions and contributing to strategic business discussions.
You’re not somebody who rests on their laurels either. We’re looking for a leader who fosters a culture of continual improvement – something that as an organisation we value.
Your responsibilities as Technical Manager for Safety Measures can be divided across two key areas:
Operations and People:
- Oversee the technical detail of all team reports & client deliverables
- Manage key client accounts & strengthen relationships
- Manage staff & delivery of technical services for national projects
- Assist in the development of integrated systems concerning CRM, inspection data collection, statement monitoring, property risk and condition auditing services
- Foster constant improvement of workflows and procedures
- Undertake on-the-ground audits, inspections, building notices and issue consulting advice as required
Growth and Performance:
- Play a key role in developing business through keeping clients happy & expanding our existing portfolio’s
- Take accountability for meeting department KPI’s, across sales, performance & utilisation
- Actively engage in service improvement and innovation within the business
- Provide a keen eye over contracts & delivery – to enhance profitability
What you’ll need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Building Surveying and/or equivalent qualification acceptable to the Building Practitioner’s Board
- VBA Board Registration as a Building Surveyor Unlimited
- A proven track record in meeting company targets, budgets and KPIs.
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite and data base systems
Experience in the construction industry, either private or council sector
- Experience in the administration and enforcement of building standards
- Experience in training and coordinating staff
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Salary packaging
- Company sponsored training
- Fabulous Collins Street location (When we can get back there)
A little bit about us, we’re Australia’s leading built-form advisory. Operating for over 37 years, with a no claim history, our services play a fundamental role at each phase of the building lifecycle.
We might be old, but we certainly have not lost our mojo. Delving into the Proptech space to develop client-driven compliance solutions, our award winning solutions and thought leadership has been recognised nationally and globally through awards & industry.
We take on big challenges & have learned a lot along the way. Our people grow fast & are encouraged to pursue their passions. Our desire is to provide the best environment, support the best people, and achieve the greatest result.
If this sounds like the next career opportunity that you were looking for, send a copy of your resume and CV addressing the criteria for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the apply button. We’d also be happy to answer any questions you may have about this role or working at Hendry.
|Department||Essential Safety Measures|