Hendry – Built-Form Advisory
People are the core of Hendry’s values.
Hendry is a driving force in the Australian Built-Form Industry, standing out on a global scale. We’re proud to be innovators throughout the sector as we leverage our 36 years of expertise and experience.
Hendry is at the forefront of property compliance innovation. With a key focus on pioneering sustainable initiatives across all property sectors; our extensive knowledge allows us to provide clients with practical and compliant outcomes
We create a safer and more sustainable world for people and business through everything we do. We pride ourselves on strong ethical values and sense of corporate responsibility, and are committed to workplace diversity, career development and equal opportunity.
This has led to exciting growth within our business and look forward to the right candidate to joining the Melbourne Office.
About the Role
This opportunity has arisen as Hendry is currently undergoing a rapid growth phase and is searching for the right candidates to join our Safety Measures team in our Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide offices. The successful candidates will not only assist the company in reaching its goals, but also become valued members of the team.
A unique opportunity exists for suitably experienced and qualified Asbestos/HAZMAT Consultants who are willing and eager to expand their knowledge and career to include assessments of Essential Safety Measures through on the job training.
Required skills and abilities include:
- Previous asbestos/HAZMAT experience (4+ years) in a similar consulting role and environment.
- Ability to autonomously conduct non-destructive/destructive site assessments for asbestos and other HAZMAT across a varied range of site types, including preparation of detailed audit reports;
- Ability to provide accurate client advice to manage asbestos and other hazardous building material risks, including Asbestos Management Plans, technical abatement scopes and bespoke risk advice;
- Ability to perform visual clearance inspections and asbestos fibre air sampling, including supervision of asbestos removal contractors.
- Current Licensed Asbestos Assessor (desirable in Vic).
- Thorough knowledge of OHS/WHS Regulations, Compliance Codes, Codes of Practice and other guidance material in relation to asbestos and HAZMAT management in your local jurisdiction.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build, develop and maintain relationships with clients and stakeholders, including identifying and developing new business opportunities.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts and bodies of knowledge, with support and mentoring.
- Accurate and timely scientific report writing.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- High attention to detail and pride in the quality of your work.
- Intermediate computers skills and abilities (computer literate-Tablet use and Microsoft Office).
- The ability to work with minimum supervision and travel to regional areas or interstate as required.
- Current and valid Driver’s Licence.
- Current Police and Working with Children (or the ability to obtain).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience identifying, assessing and assisting clients manage one or more other property-related risks would be highly regarded (e.g. essential safety measures, hazardous chemicals, plant risk, fall prevention, water treatment, etc.).
- A tertiary qualification in work health and safety, environmental health/science, occupational hygiene or related field.
- Previous experience performing asbestos fibre counting analysis or asbestos identification in a laboratory.
- An understanding of WHS, consulting and risk management principles.
- A construction industry white card.
- Working knowledge of AS1851.
The successful candidate is an individual who embraces change, continual improvement and personal development. The salary package and car allowance will reflect the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
If you think you have these qualities, then this could be your chance to join a progressive company during a very exciting phase.
Only short- listed applicants will be contacted.
We do not require the assistance of Recruitment Agencies thank you.
|Department||Property Risk Assessment|