Hendry – Built-Form Advisory
People are the core of Hendry’s values.
Hendry Group is a national leader in integrated solutions for the built-form environment. We deliver more value and achieve better outcomes for property professionals, owners and communities. Hendry’s four pillars are; Statutory Compliance, Asset Optimisation, Risk Mitigation and Future Proofing.
We focus on technology, people, and innovation-in-practice to deliver greater value to our expansive client base.
We create a safer and more sustainable world for people and business through everything we do. We pride ourselves on strong ethical values and sense of corporate responsibility, and are committed to workplace diversity, career development and equal opportunity.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity to offer an internship with the IT Support Team in our Melbourne Office. The successful intern will learn key aspects of a busy IT Support Department and be an integral part of the team.
You will work with the team to:
- Maintain and monitor all network, security and computer systems to meet the organization’s current and future requirements
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined timeframes
- Support all changes to networks, hardware, software, and hosted applications
- Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports
- Professionally support the infrastructure team on projects tasks
- Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications
- Assist Interaction and coordination with vendors, suppliers, distributors and contract consultants
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
- Assist team to respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically in a timely manner diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research questions using available information resources and advise user on appropriate action
- Follow standard help desk procedures, administer help desk and redirect problems to correct resource
- identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Log all help desk interactions; track problems, requests and document resolutions and prepare activity reports
- Inform management of recurring problems and drive improvement by eliminating recurring problems
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
Essential skills and experience:
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment would be an advantage
- Experience with AD, DHCP, DNS, Services, event logs, SOE/Imaging, WSUS, backups, VPN, MDM, browsers, Exchange, SQL, SSO (Okta), Virtualization and monitoring tools
- Skills in Windows 10, Windows 8.x, Office 365 products including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Skype, OneDrive
- Working knowledge of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS will be highly advantageous. Any certifications in this area will make the candidate stand out. (e.g. AWS certifications)
- Understanding of a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications
- Experience with incident ticketing systems, workstation management systems and desktop imaging.
- Understanding of AR/VR technology
- Knowledge of security as it relates to infrastructure, application development and network
- Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Good attention to detail, testing and documentation
- Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with third party service providers
- Knowledge of relevant call tracking applications and ability to implement constant improvements will be key
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- Studying for an Academic / Technical qualification/s or Tertiary qualifications in the appropriate fields
- High analytical research and problem solving skills
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Able to build strong rapport within the team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
The internship will follow the relevant University standards and guidelines. Please refer to your Course Coordinator to ensure you are eligible to pursue an internship.
If you think you have these qualities, then this could be your chance to join a progressive company during an exciting phase of change.
To express your interest in this opportunity please submit a Covering Letter and your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or press APPLY. For more information please visit our website:
|Department||Digital and Technology|