We’re seeking an emergency planning and training expert to join our growing team.
- Get your hands dirty in a varied role
- Play an integral role in a small and supportive team
- Take advantage of sponsored training options
What’s the role
Working under the guidance of the National Manager, Emergency Planning, you’ll join our team as an emergency planning expert and will also support the delivery of National projects and clients.
With a background in Emergency Planning and Training (or similar interest in this area), you’ll be training and upskilling occupants in a building to become emergency wardens. Wardens play a critical role in saving lives of their fellow members by taking charge of the building in the unlikely even of an emergency. You will provide specialist advice to Building Management on how to ensure they have ensure the safety of the occupants and how to respond appropriately to an unfolding emergency.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Emergency Management & Training
- Development and delivery of Emergency Management systems to suit client requirements and budget
- Preparation and delivery of Emergency Management training
- Development, facilitation and reporting of Emergency Management exercises and simulations that achieve defined objectives and satisfy client requirements
- Marketing & Business Development
- Maintain and use knowledge of trends, regulations and standards in Emergency Management to further new business opportunities and existing client relationships.
- Use your established Emergency Management contact network to grow Hendry’s client base
- Identifying and pursuing new business opportunities, both with existing clients and potential new clients
- Proposals & Project Management
- Preparing proposals (scoping and costing) to satisfy client requirements
- Presenting to and negotiating with clients to achieve a successful conversion of proposals to projects
- Acting as project custodian on independent projects – manage these on schedule and budget
- Identifying areas within projects that are not included in the approved project scope – negotiating and achieving agreement with clients in regard to mutually satisfying outcomes for these
What we’re looking for:
- 2 to 3 years of experience. If you have good presentation, training skills and engaging skills, don’t worry about experience and we will upskill you.
- Up-to-date and maintained Cert IV in Training and Assessment (or the desire to complete it)
- Understanding and working knowledge of Australian standards and state / federal legislation relating to Emergency Planning
- Up to date state and federal licences and memberships. Including:
- Knowledge of AS 3745-2010
- QBCC Licence (QLD) (not mandatory)
- Up to date FSA (not mandatory)
- Competent Fire Safety Practioner Licence (FPA)- Not mandatory
- Drivers licence and State working with Children check
- Experience using Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint) to generate reports, produce client-facing presentations and manage workflow.
- Experience managing client engagement from first interaction through to project delivery.
- Good customer-facing and management skills
It would be advantageous to have:
- Desire to upskill and continuously improve. Fostering an attitude of continuous improvement to both project and technical skills
- Some sales or business development experience
A little bit about us, we’re Australia’s leading built-form advisory, our services play a fundamental role at each stage of the building life-cycle.
Proper Emergency Planning, Training and Management moves in a circle; planning, training, testing, improving and repeating. Optimising the cycle is something that Hendry has been helping clients do for years, meeting their needs and maintaining compliance with laws and Australian Standards.
And the culture? We’re glad you asked.
We’re a diverse and ambitious crew with a common goal – to make a safer, smarter & more sustainable built environment. Our people are encouraged to pursue their passions too; we desire to provide the best environment, support the best people, and achieve the most remarkable results.
If this sounds like the next career opportunity you’re looking for, send us a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the criteria to Gaurav.Bhalla@hendry.com.au.
We’d also be happy to answer any questions you may have about this role or working at Hendry, email email@example.com.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.