Hendry is looking to expand our Perth Building Compliance team
- Join a national, award-winning, compliance leader
- Enjoy flexibility, variety and growth opportunities
- Play a key role in a growing team
What’s the role
Hendry is looking to expand our Perth Building Compliance team, and we need an experienced Level 1 Building Surveyor, to support our expanding client portfolio and manage key projects in growth sectors.
To be successful in this role you will have an established track record in the building and construction industry, in the private or council sector and looking for their next challenge. You’ll also be an enthusiastic team player, able to manage client relationships and interested in business development.
The role will provide opportunities to work in varied projects and sectors, with national portfolio clients, establishing you as a valued member of our national team. So, it would be advantageous to be eager to work on broad range projects across the country and willing to apply your building surveying knowledge to a variety of projects and clients that have unique requirements.
We are looking for staff with
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Eligible for Federal Police Clearance and other agency security clearances.
- Be up to date with their Australian COVID-19 vaccination schedule.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Undertaking NCC compliance reviews for a range of Class 2-9 buildings
- Issuing relevant approvals and carrying out inspections where required
- Managing client and stakeholder relationships throughout a project
- Assisting with other business avenues, including CodeMark assessments and Technical Due Diligence from time to time
- Assist with the ongoing growth of the national building surveying team and support of the broader business growth
- You are someone who shares knowledge to empower & mentor others to succeed, and above all is driven by working closely with clients to deliver best in class outcomes to shape our buildings & communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Currently registered as a Building Surveyor Level 1
- Possess thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant Act/Regulations & Building Code of Australia
- Demonstrate a “can do” attitude and provide a solution path for clients;
- Ability to effectively negotiate and resolve disputes;
- Strong ability to write and present cohesive, coherent and technically sound reports;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills;
- Possess business development acumen
We are Australia’s leading built-form advisory. Operating for over 38 years, our services play a fundamental role at each phase of the building lifecycle.
We have developed strong ongoing relationship with leading designers and developers which has resulted in Hendry being an industry leader across the breadth of our services.
And the culture? We’re glad you asked.
We’re a diverse and ambitious crew with a common goal – to make a safer, smarter & more sustainable built-environment. Our people are encouraged to pursue their passions too; we desire to provide the best environment, support the best people, and achieve the most remarkable results. Here are some of what you can expect working in our Perth based team:
- Flexible working arrangement between the office and home to suit individual’s needs to achieve an excellent work-life balance
- Salary Packaging & Development Pathways
- Competitive Salary
- Fabulous St. Georges Terrace office location
- National technical support network
- National administrative support
If this sounds like the next career opportunity you’re looking for, send us a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the criteria to email@example.com, mentioning the role and location.
We’d also be happy to answer any questions you may have about this role or working at Hendry.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.