Thank you for completing stage 1 of our application process. In order for your application to be submitted, we require you to complete a short task so we can measure your skill set.
1: Create a free Qlik account
2: Open Qlik Sense Cloud
3: Share your stream with the Hendry staff
Step 1: Create a free Qlik account
1. Visit https://www.qlikcloud.com/ and click on the “Register” button on the top right hand corner
2. Enter your details in the provided secure form and click Register
Job Title: Recruit
Relationship to Qlik: New to Qlik
3. Check your email and click the link to activate your account.
Step 2: Open Qlik Sense Cloud
1. Visit https://www.qlikcloud.com/ and click on the “Login” button on the top right hand corner
2. Enter your username and password as specified in the previous step
3. You should see your Qlik Sense Cloud “My work” area
Step 3: Share your stream with the Hendry staff
1. Click on the “My stream” menu on the left hand panel
2. In the far right panel, click on “Share”
3. In the prompt displayed, enter firstname.lastname@example.org and click the green Share button
4. Perform these steps again and enter email@example.com and click the green Share button
Developing your Qlik app
Task 1: Getting Started
Your mission is to develop a basic app which will be submitted to us here at Hendry so we can identify your understanding of Qlik Sense, our data analytics suite.
You will note the tutorial provided to following along with may slightly differ from your interface in Qlik Sense Cloud. The functionality is very similar however so you will not have any troubles running through the tutorial. A few notes to help you through this:
– When you have uploaded the first data set, click the “+” button on the Data Manager screen to add more data
– To create the association automatically, click the wand icon above the “+” symbol. A join should be displayed (signified by a circle between the bubbles) Click on this circle to identify the common field between the two data sets. In this case, it is Postcode. Click on “Load data” button
– The Main section formatting should be set to our Region, Australia. Change the “SET DateFormat:=” and “SET TimestampFormat=” fields to “SET DateFormat=’DD/MM/YYYY’;” & “SET TimestampFormat=’DD/MM/YYYY h:mm:ss[.fff] TT’;”
-When in the data load editor, you must add new files by clicking under the Data connections sidebar, click on the button under the “Attached files” row. A window is displayed. Drag the required data file into this window and a data preview window will be shown
– You may not receive a synthetic key as described in the tutorial, do not comment out the “State” field. Your data model may look slightly different
The tutorial is on YouTube, viewable below.
Task 3: Your own app
After you’ve completed the tutorial, take the time to create your own app with your own data set (be sure not to use anything personally identifiable)
The aim for this task is for you to identify a business problem – and in turn respond to this problem, with the aim of resolving it, by creating a dashboard with your own data
As always, there is no right or wrong way to go about this task – it can be as detailed or as simple as you would like!
Once you’ve completed the tutorial, be sure to publish it to your stream so Hendry can see it.
Right click on the app in your My Work area and choose Publish
Once you have shared the apps you have developed with us, please click here to finalise your application.