Hendry Group is a multi-disciplinary Property Compliance Solutions company with offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth and Darwin, and have been in business since 1982.
We are seeking a State Manager for our Building Surveying division in Brisbane. As a key part of the Senior Management National Team, you will assist in the formulation and implementation of the business strategies for the state. In particular, you will be responsible for contributing to the achievement of these strategies by driving the sales and profitability of the division and effective planning and management of resources.
The successful applicant’s duties will include:
- Manage, market and grow the State Office
- Provide input into the office’s business model and to be responsible for meeting its expectations
- Manage and deliver a broad range of consultancy services to a developing client base
- Combine technical and business management skills in developing a successful business
- Liaise and coordinate with other Hendry managers and senior personnel
To be a part of this visionary organisation and to be considered for this role, the successful applicant must possess the following qualities:
- Exceptional business development acumen
- Currently be registered as an Accredited Certifier/A1 Building Surveyor
- Possess thorough knowledge and understanding of the Sustainable Planning Act Regulations, Building Regulations, Queensland Development Code Environmental Planning & Assessment Act/Regulations & Building Code of Australia
- Demonstrate a “can do” attitude
- Ability to effectively negotiate and resolve disputes
- Strong ability to write and present cohesive, coherent and technically sound reports
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Experience in either Local Government or Private Practice
- Valid QLD drivers licence
- Eligible for Federal Police Clearance and other agency security clearances
- Management of staff and a state office
This is a management position and as such the salary package/car allowance will reflect the position description with candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please contact Kristy in our HR Department on (03) 8417 6541 for any enquiries.
The successful candidate must be an individual that embraces change and wants to constantly improve themselves. If you think you have these qualities, then this could be your chance to join a progressive company during a very exciting phase.
To express your interest in this opportunity please submit a Covering Letter and your Resume to email@example.com
Only short listed applicants will be contacted and provided with a position description.