NSW – Hendry advises that under the Environment Planning and Assessment Act 1979 (EPAA), Part 4A Certificates, allows for an application for a Compliance Certificate confirming that specified and approved building works or aspects of a development are acceptable, or to obtain a classification of a building under the Building Code of Australia and Building Regulations (EPAR)
A building regulations compliance certificate can be issued for the following:
- Specified building work or subdivision work has been completed as specified in the certificate and complies with specified plans and specifications.
- A condition with respect to specified building work or subdivision work (being a condition attached to a development consent or complying development certificate has been duly complied with.
- A specified building or proposed building has a specified classification identified in accordance with the building regulations and Building Code of Australia.
- Any specified aspect of development complies with the requirements of any other provisions prescribed by the regulations.
- Any specified aspect of development (including design of development) complies with standards or requirements specified in the certificate with aspects to the development.