QLD – HENDRY building certifiers advise that the issuing of a building approval under the Building Regulations by the building certifier can encompass a whole host of statutory requirements required to be adhered to by the owner, reporting authorities, applicant, building practitioners, and council before the building approval can be issued, i.e. IDAS Decision Notice.
Building Approval : Building Act 1975 & Building Regulations 2006
The Integrated Development Assessment System (IDAS) nominates various statutory legislation for compliance before the issuing of a building approval, in particular the Queensland Development Code which consolidates Queensland specific building standards and building regulations; the following is required:
- Building Practitioners having a part in the building approval are currently registered, in their correct category of expertise, carry the required insurance and deemed to be a competent person.
- Sufficient written and design documentation is provided for the building approval and available for the safe construction of the building.
- The Building Certifier provides an independent assessment of the building approval documentation to protect all involved. The building certifier is subject to ‘auditing’ by the Building Services Authority on all building approvals issued.
- The building approval process requires statutory inspections during construction and allows for the building certifier to nominate others.
- Prior to the issuing of a Certificate of Classification or a Certificate of Final Inspection, the building certifier must decide whether the building complies with the building approval and is suitable for occupation.
Building Approval: Development Approval: Building Regulations
An applicant for a building approval must be aware that the building certifier has a statutory obligation to ensure that the building approval documentation is consistent with the Development Approval.
Building Legislation Table
Refer to our Building Legislation table for further information on the building control process.
Fire Safety Compliance: Fire Safety Installations
For building surveying consultancy advice please contact our closest HENDRY office by clicking here.