NSW – HENDRY building certifiers advise that a very good information sheet has been issued by the Building Professionals Board covering recent changes to the Environment Planning and Assessment Act 2012 and Building Professionals Act 2005.
Major changes include:
- Council can recover investigative costs
- Transferring records to a new principal certifying authority
- Persons can issue compliance certificates
- Disciplinary actions against certifier
- Conflicts of interest for compliant certificates
- Assessment of accredited certifiers
- Written contracts for certification work
- Issue of occupation certificates
For more information on the changes to certification and regulation, click here.